Seminar 3 Preparation
1. To get the most out of the seminar practice sessions, please carefully read the items listed below. Quiz 1, which will be sent to your schools to be taken before the seminar, will test your knowledge of these and the required homework CD listening.
- The Pera-Pera Daruma
- Kanji English
- Ormandy's Opposites
- The Snake Game
- Phonic Chart 5 Attack Game
- Phonic Chart 6 Game
- Class Info Game
- If.. / If..say / May We Sit Down?
- Prepositions of Time and Place
- Cue Cards for Question/Answer, Set B
- Small Talk
- Verb Attack
- Nice to Meet You
- Daily Expressions 1-2-3 Game
- Family Concentration
- Kids' Classroom English (KCE) Cards
- Chameleon Cards
- Telephone Dialogues
- Quick Queues
- Hot Seat
- Comparative Logic
- Journal Writing
2. In addition, please review the following training videos. Please be aware that the videos are based on the old rank system, so any references to a particular rank will likely be inaccurate, but most other information is current. The training videos can be found here.
- Keeping Records (about 12 minutes)
- Correcting Errors (about 20 minutes)
- Important Points in Teaching English to Children (about 16 minutes)
- Flashing Cards (about 19 minutes)
- Correcting Pronunciation (about 23 minutes)
3. Before you come, we’d also like you to carefully listen at least once, ideally twice, to the following study CDs. Please look at each respective card or page as you listen. If it's been some time since you last listened to these CDs, we recommend that you review them.
- Kanji English (about 28 minutes)
- The Pera-Pera Daruma (about 27 minutes)
- Ormandy's Opposites (about 64 minutes)
4. Finally, please study Ormandy's Opposites Side A cards 1-16 and complete the Ormandy's Opposites Side B worksheets and picture cards before you come to the seminar. The worksheets and blank cards will be sent to your schools, so please be on the look out for them.